redundant (rɪˈdʌndənt) — adj
- surplus to requirements; unnecessary or superfluous
- verbose or tautological
- deprived of one’s job because it is no longer necessary for efficient operation: he has been made redundant
- (of components, information, etc) duplicated or added as a precaution against failure, error, etc
Redundancy. So many people are struggling today…their skills, ambitions and dreams in limbo.
No longer needed or not needed at all…or waiting to be wanted again.
The key pics that I used here are of :
- rejects from Ellis Island waiting for a next boat to be delivered to wherever they came from
- the artwork that I came upon in while browsing a kitchen store. The artwork was displayed in the back of a store and there was following note posted: “VINTAGE NUDES. This is the life’s work of outsider artist, Tom Sturges. Oil paintings dated from 1960’s-1990’s.”